Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"R" made with Buttons

I finally got a chance to make one of the craft ideas that has been on my Pinterest pinboard for a while now: a personalized decoration for Ryan’s nursery.  This project was extremely easy and fun to make!  I gathered a bunch of old buttons (you know, the extra ones that come attached to the tags of new shirts) and I also found a few oversized ones at Michael’s.  I used krazy glue to attach the buttons to a small canvas, in the shape of an R.  The final product:

I love it!  I think that the canvas will look good hanging on the wall just above a small shelf that holds his picture frames.

I also wanted to share with you that my doctor’s appointment today resulted in some VERY good news!  I got my final drain removed and now I am in a lot less pain.  The surgeon said that the excess fluid is minimal and that it will most likely just be absorbed within my body.  There was no need to try to extract it, because there is such a small amount.  He also gave me another fill, and said that everything seems to be healing perfectly.  It feels amazing to have my body back to feeling (almost) like my normal self again!  I still have some pain here and there, but no where near the amount that I had been experiencing these past few weeks.  I am so happy with how everything turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Oh there is an update on your blog! I missed it somehow:) I was too mesmerized by the adorable craft project! I love it Dana! I haven't been back on pinterest much while I'm finishing up school stuff, because it's too dangerous.

    I am SO happy to hear, Dana, that you're back on track with your recovery and that you got your other drain out, and more fills. Soooo happy for you! Can't wait to see you again soon and have our cooking date;)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...