Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Playdate


This past week, we invited some friends over to play. I love themed parties and St. Patrick's Day is always such a fun one to celebrate! Ryan was so eager waiting for all of his friends to arrive that he kept running up to the clock and trying to figure out what time it is. He finally decided to just keep asking me every 10 minutes or so. For the entire morning, of course.




I enjoy drinking a green smoothie every day for breakfast. You MUST try this one! It is quite delicious (Ryan considers it a dessert) and the ginger gives it the perfect amount of spice. In case you are unable to read the ingredients on the picture, just blend together: 2 handfuls of kale, 1 banana, 1 green apple/apple juice, 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh ginger (a little goes a long way), 1/4 cup of water, and ice.


I made a "Pot O' Gold" filled with chocolate gold coins as a party favor for each guest to take home. The kids could also make moveable paper leprechauns and festive St. Patrick's Day cards with stickers. Between these activities and Ryan's toys, everyone seemed to be entertained and some of our small guests didn't even want to go home. It makes me happy that they were having a good time!



These two (and their daddy!) are my world. I couldn't feel any more blessed. I remember celebrating this holiday 3 years ago, when I was going through treatments, and I am so grateful for how far we have come since then. What a difference a few years make.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...