Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

Our morning began with Ryan eagerly rummaging through his Easter basket, and then both of us posing with bunny ears headbands.  Ryan's favorite item in his Easter basket this year was a wooden choo-choo train that "the Easter bunny" found at a consignment sale for just $2.  He also likes his little blue stuffed bunny that he calls Munny.


We went to church and saw a bunch of my old childhood friends, along with some of their babies and families.  It was great catching up with everyone!  One of the best things about going to the same church where you grew up in is that you get to see people when they come home to visit.  I am so glad that we have started going to church on a regular basis again, since last August.  Thanks to J for inviting me to come back and making it feel as though I never left.  I feel so much closer to God now than I have for a very long time, and I truly feel at peace with everything that has happened.


After church, Barry, Ryan, and I spent the rest of the day with my extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, etc) and my dad.  The holidays won't ever feel the same as they did when my mom was alive, but I feel blessed to have such wonderful people around me who love me and invite me to spend time with them.  I hope that everyone else had a great holiday weekend too!


“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” John 3:16-17
 
 

1 comment:

  1. lad you had a nice Easter, Dana. Ryan looks precious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...