Saturday, October 8, 2011

Down on the Farm- part 1

Last week, this city girl decided to drive out to the country to take her almost-toddler apple picking and to see a farm for the first time.  We went during a weekday, just the two of us, so we practically had the place to ourselves.  It was just what we needed to get away from the hustle and bustle and to enjoy the fresh air and serenity.  Everything was so peaceful, from the simple farm animals to the quiet pond to the beautiful apple orchards.  I know that Ryan was also feeling at peace because he didn’t cry or fuss the whole three hours that we were there.  (And trust me, this is a rare occasion).

I think it was this cow that motivated Ryan to start “mooing” and walking (still holding on, of course).


He was mesmerized by a chicken and liked hearing the goats make loud, sudden noises.    


Apple picking was the best part, because Ryan kept giggling every time that he heard me drop an apple into the bucket.  Then he would try to find it and dig it out himself.


Our little guy is definitely on the verge of walking.  Every chance that he gets to hold on to something, he pulls himself up and cruises.  


But so far, he has only taken two steps without holding on to anything.  (And he has only done this twice).  I love the proud look that he gets on his face when he walks while hanging on to my hand.  I am excited for Ryan start walking on his own, but I am not exactly looking forward to chasing him around even more than I do now.  (He is a very fast crawler/knee-walker)


For now, I will be enjoying this last stage of babyhood and the sleepy, blissful look on my little guy’s face while I lug him around in his wagon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...