Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BRCA Test Results

Today I found out that I tested negative for the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes!  This is great news because:

1.  There's a lower chance of recurrence.
2.  There's a lower chance of developing other types of cancers, especially ovarian.
3.  I won’t have to get my ovaries removed.  (We can have more kids in the future!)
4.  I don’t have to worry about passing on these gene mutations, because I don’t have them!

Yayyyyyyy!  I was actually very surprised when I got the results.  I was fully expecting to test positive for the genes, especially because of my young age and triple negative status.  But now I'm so excited about this good news... it makes the future look so much brighter!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, that is awesome news, Dana!! I was totally wondering about that myself, thanks for the update! Miss you lots! And p.s. Ryan looks so cute in all his pictures. He looks so active and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic!!! I'm SO happy to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is SUCH good news!!! Yay yay yay yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That's outstanding news - I'm so glad for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...